Qimage One Windows Change Log
This change log describes what features were changed or added and what fixes were made in each release of Qimage One for Windows.
|v2021.100||November 22, 2020||High||– Added the option to set a background page color for all pages in the job. The color can be set or cleared via the new control under the Live View.
– Changed the Image Rotation Lock button to an Auto Rotate button with the opposite logic. When auto rotate is turned on, prints can rotate. When it is off, they will maintain the same orientation as the source image. The Auto Rotate button also displays the rotation state of any selected print. This change was to make auto rotation closer to the functionality of Auto Crop.
– Added a new Freehand placement method. Unlike the automatic placement methods, all pages and prints are set to freehand by default. To support adding prints to pages other than the first, the Live View context menu now includes an Insert Page menu item. Also, clicking on the Next Page icon will prompt the user whether to add a blank page at the end of the job. Each print job can only contain at most one blank page for the purposes of placing new prints.
– Added a new thumb called [Template]. Adding this thumb creates a place holder in the layout which behaves the same way as a print except it does not reference an image file. Thumbs can be dragged onto Templates and assume its characteristics. This makes it easy to define the templates first and then select images to add.
– Added a new Custom Layout placement mode. This mode supports saving pages of templates as a custom layout, which can then be loaded and filled with thumbs. In Custom Layout mode, simply adding a thumb, or thumbs, will fill in the next available template. New pages are added as needed. Custom layouts can be mixed together. When deleting a print in Custom Layout mode, the template is left in place so it can be reused. Even in Custom Layout mode, the user is free to customize each page as required.
– Added another Print Info option to display the full path to the image file name.
|v2020.111||October 3, 2020||Low||– Updated some website links and synced with the macOS version.|
|v2020.110||September 23, 2020||Low||– Added violet as a color option to the unclog pattern definitions, to support new printers with violet color cartridges.|
|v2020.108||August 10, 2020||Low||– Updated the color management engine (LCMS) to the latest version.
– Added minor fixes and optimizations.
|v2020.107||June 10, 2020||Low||– Added a Print to file option in the list of available printers. Selecting this option creates a virtual printer driver. Media type and paper source controls do not apply and are disabled. The output resolution can be defined explicitly. Most other program operations, color management, job loading and saving behave the same way. When Print is selected, a dialog is displayed to select the pages to print, the output folder and file type. One image file will be created for each page printed.
– Added an Out of Gamut option to the soft proof controls. When Out of Gamut is checked, the soft proof will flag all colors in the soft proofed image which can not be accurately recreated using the selected ICC profile.
– Added new menu items to the Thumbs and Prints right-click menus to show all previous print jobs that contain the selected thumb/print, or all previous print jobs that contain any image from the selected thumb/print folder.
– Updated the raw photo engine to support latest cameras.
– Added minor fixes and optimizations.
|v2020.104||February 23, 2020||Medium||– Added an Undo/Redo menu item to the Edit menu. This feature allows a single step undo/redo operation on any action that affects the Live View. The feature is useful for contrasting two layouts which differ in some way, or for removing an undesirable step.
– Added an option to the Manage Disk Usage dialog to allow the deletion of previous print job files. Deletion can be by date, and optionally when Qimage One prints an unclog pattern or exits.
– Added controls to the Printer Settings tab which control the size of the ideal gap between prints and if that gap should be enforced. The gap settings can be used with all layout modes, including Auto Roll Length. It is particularly useful for controlling exact spacing between prints on the page, or for arranging prints on a grid.
– Added controls to the Preferences to support naming jobs either by date and time (the default) or by the first name of the print in the job. Also added a control to automatically save a copy of all print jobs (on by default).
– Added a right-click context menu to the thumbs view. The menu supports selection and deselection of all thumbs, and deletion of selected image files.
|v2020.100||November 18, 2019||Medium||– Added support for displaying print information under every print in the job. The information displayed can be the file name or as much exif data as will fit within the given space. If exif data is chosen, the following may be displayed if available: file name and extension, date and time, image size in pixels, ISO speed, aperture, exposure time, flash and focal length. The text font face, size, color and alignment can be defined. Print information is automatically saved and reloaded when recalling a previously saved print job.
– Added a new Cut Mark option called ‘Corner marks’. Corner marks is the reversal of the Crop marks option. Marks face inwards towards the print. This option is useful for prints with white borders which are arranged in Intellicut mode or on borderless media.
– Added new preferences to Edit > Preferences menu. The supported preferences are:
a) To display advanced Print Resolution settings, which include Overdrive [1200/1440], Medium [200/240], and Low [150/180]. These resolutions are not commonly needed since they either require more system resources with little difference in output (Overdrive), or produce a lower quality image (Medium/Low). These options have been provided to give more flexibility in print output. The default Print Resolution for unverified printer settings will remain at Max [600/720]. This option is off by default.
b) To automatically switch between the Printer Settings and Prints tabs depending on what the user is doing in Qimage One at the time. For instance – switching to the Prints tab when a thumb is selected in preparation for selecting print size, number of copies, etc. Alternatively, select whether the Printer Settings or Prints tab is displayed when Qimage One starts.
– Added support for the CR3 raw photo format.
|v2019.104||May 24, 2019||Medium||– Added the ability to automatically control color management in the driver for Canon and Epson printers based on selections in Qimage One.
– Added a button to the ICC Profile selection window which when pressed sorts the list of available ICC profiles intelligently to match the current selection of printer and media type. In addition, the top ICC profile in the list will be automatically selected. This enables the user to quickly identify and select the most appropriate profile based on the printer and media type being used.
– Fixed a bug that was causing the unclog scheduler to not start on Windows startup.
– Fixed a bug that was causing distortion on Sony raw photos when using a 28-70 lens.
|v2019.103||February 5, 2019||Medium||– Added a new Auto Roll Length feature. When enabled, this feature will disable Freehand mode, set page orientation to Portrait, and turn on Auto Sort. Any existing prints and pages will then be merged into one long page using the current defined paper width. Adding, removing or resizing prints will automatically calculate a page size and layout large enough to accommodate all the prints.|
|v2019.102||December 19, 2018||Medium||– Added a new Cut Mark option called Guide borders. This option extends the Guide lines option but also draws the guide lines above the print or print border edge. This makes it easier to trim prints with white borders.
– Added a Rulers menu item to the View menu. When enabled, this option displays a ruler along the top and left side of the Live View.
– Added a Grid menu item to the View menu. When enabled, dashed grid lines at 0.5 inches or 10 mm are displayed on the Live View. The grid may indicate higher spacing for large sheet or roll paper.
– Added a Snap menu item to the View menu. This menu item provides a submenu to set the snap to OFF, 1/2 “, 1/4″ and 1/8 ” if using inches, or 10 mm, 5 mm and 1 mm if using metric units. When prints are moved on a Freehand page the closest corner to the click point will snap to the measurement defined. Prints being resized using a drag will snap to the closest horizontal or vertical point depending on which side of the print the drag operation is happening.
|v2019.100||November 16, 2018||Medium||– Qimage One 2019 for Windows includes memory and speed optimizations and minor bug fixes.|
|v2018.122||September 14, 2018||Medium||– Added controls to the Prints tab which indicate the left and top position of the currently selected print with respect to the paper edge. With one or more prints selected these controls can also be used to set the left and top corner of the print. This gives the ability to placea print accurately on the layout.|
|v2018.118||May 8, 2018||Medium||– Added a new menu item to the File menu: Print/Schedule Unclog Pattern. This tool allows the definition and printing of scheduled or single use unclog patterns. This assists with unclogging blocked printer nozzles, and printing purge sheets to help prevent nozzles from clogging.
– Added new menu items to the File menu: Load Print Job and Save Print Job. These two menu items are similar to loading and saving printer settings, but also include the pages, prints, borders, layout and auto-sort settings. This permits the user to save a complete print job and load it at a later date to make an accurate recreation of the print job in the future.
– When a print job is run, it will be automatically saved, and available for loading at a later date.
|v2018.116||Mar 30, 2018||Low||– Added support for putting borders around each print. Both an inner and outer border can be defined, including color and width. In addition, the inner border can be set to Canvas Mirror or Canvas Stretch to support canvas prints.|
|v2018.112||Feb 28, 2018||Low||– Added a new Soft Proof / Print Preview mode accessible below the Live View. This mode allows the user to display the current page in high resolution, with the selected ICC color profile options applied. Rendering intent, black point compensation and paper white can be adjusted under the Live View. Each combination of settings is cached for quick comparison.|
|v2018.110||Feb 15, 2018||Low||– Added a third layout option, Intellicut, which will always center prints vertically, even on roll paper.|
|v2018.108||Jan 30, 2018||Low||– Added a new drop down to the Printer Settings tab which controls drawing cut marks. The three options are OFF, Crop Marks (corners) or Guide Lines. These marks will show up on the Live View, the print preview and the final print as a fine line to aid with cutting the paper.|
|v2018.102||Jan 18, 2018||Low||– Standardized behavior when images are sent to (or dropped into) Qimage One.|
|v2018.101||Jan 16, 2018||Low||– Minor UI improvements and fixes.|
|v2018.100||Jan 11, 2018||High||– Initial release of Qimage One on Windows.|